Eco-Friendly Hand Dryers: Shattering the Myths
With all the concern about environmental matters these days, it’s great to know the benefits offered by our eco-friendly hand dryers. From their low-power use to hygienic qualities, these products help your organization be Earth friendly while also saving you money. And, thanks to Allied’s low prices and excellent customer service, it’s easier than ever to offer the benefits of warm-air hand drying to your customers and employees.
Shattering the Great Paper Towel Myth
The Internet can be a great source of information. Unfortunately, not everything you find on the Web claiming to be true actually is. For example, many misleading articles claim to “prove” that paper towels are better than modern hand dryers.
Read more closely, though, and it becomes obvious that these tales simply can’t stand up to reality. Here are some of the countless problems with what they say:
- The studies they cite involve tests in which the subjects only used one paper towel for hand drying. How many people do you know limit themselves in that way? Usually they grab or tear off several towels, far more than they actually need. After all, it’s not their money they’re throwing away; it’s yours.
- The articles never specify which hand dryers were used in the tests. This is a problem since today’s energy-efficient hand dryers achieve more than those made years ago. Without knowing which models were tested, how can you trust the results?
- The sites make claims that cannot possibly be true, such as saying hand dryers spray germ-laden air all around restrooms. There are two reasons this is impossible. One is that germs thrive in wet, cool environments, while hand dryers stay warm and dry due to the blower and heating element. Also, the Dyson Airblade hand dryer and many other models have built-in HEPA filters that trap germs, making the surrounding air cleaner and healthier.
When you look at all the facts, it’s clear that the claims of the paper towel industry and its paid backers don’t hold up. With that in mind, let’s consider the advantages that make eco-friendly hand dryers a smart investment.
- Hygiene. Hand dryers eliminate the single greatest source of germs in the typical restroom: the non-recyclable paper towels that fester in trash cans. Studies show that used towels harbor a variety of disease-causing pathogens. Imagine how unhealthy a bathroom can become when these waste products overflow and spread all over the floor. You’ll never have those worries when you buy hand dryers from Allied.
- Energy savings. Studies show that, on average, today’s energy-efficient hand dryers cost about 50 cents for every 1,000 times they’re used. That comes out to a tiny fraction of a penny each time one is turned on. Paper towels, on the other hand, cost about 1 cent apiece, and most people use several when drying their hands. That quickly turns into a drain on your organization's budget that never ends.
- Space efficiency. Paper towels are bulky and are usually ordered in large quantities. They take up storage room space that could be put to much better use. Compare that with hand dryers, which take up very little of your limited restroom wall area, leaving plenty of space for diaper changing tables and other necessities.
- Reliability. Whether you choose our cheap hand dryers or our deluxe models, you’ll enjoy trouble-free service from your purchase. All our units are backed with a warranty for your peace of mind.
With all of the reasons to invest in new, eco-friendly hand dryers, why wait any longer? Browse our selections and place your order today using either our toll-free number or online checkout.