10 Steps to Maintaining Sanitary Changing Stations
Our sanitary changing stations are easy to maintain. You’ll need only some basic housekeeping supplies and cleaning skills. The following is a ten-step process to guide you. Following these tips can help ensure that you always have sanitary changing stations on hand for your customers.
- Gather the products you will need for the job. These should include an Environmental Protection Agency approved disinfectant, microfiber rags, an all-purpose detergent cleaner, and a nylon cleaning brush. For added safety, you should also have safety glasses, a wet floor sign, and latex gloves.
- Close the restroom and allow yourself 10 to 15 minutes for maintaining your sanitary changing stations.
- Open the station if it’s vertically or horizontally wall-mounted. Inspect it carefully to ensure proper function. The safety belt should lock and unlock easily, the door should swing silently on the built-in hinges, and the unit should open and close in a slow, controlled manner. Should one of your sanitary changing stations fail any of the above inspections, then close it and contact the manufacturer right away.
- Clean your commercial diaper tables with the all-purpose detergent. While the detergent will not kill most germs, it will remove soil and other stain-causing substances that can give microorganisms a place to grow and reproduce.
- Let the detergent sit for 30-60 seconds. You should spread the liquid around the interior and exterior of the diaper table by using either a nylon brush or microfiber rags.
- Wipe off the detergent solution using microfiber rags. Next, apply the disinfectant spray. Use a generous amount to ensure complete coverage of the unit. Most disinfectants work best when mixed with water, so follow the directions that come with the product for best results.
- Allow the disinfectant to dry on the changing table without wiping it off. You can tend to other housekeeping duties in the restroom while the disinfectant is drying.
- Once the disinfectant has dried, inspect your sanitary changing stations once more to ensure that they are clean and function properly.
- If you have completed the other housekeeping duties for the restroom, then you can reopen the facility for public use and move on to other chores.
- Take note of any reports from employees or customers regarding the functioning or condition of your sanitary changing stations. Should any of your stations fail to perform correctly, then label it “out of use” right away and contact the manufacturer for warranty service.
As you can see, maintaining sanitary changing stations is neither complex nor expensive. You only need basic products and a little time to ensure your new commercial diaper tables are clean and safe for public use.
If you haven’t yet invested in baby changing stations for your location’s restrooms, then now is the time to do so. These products cost remarkably little, especially when you consider the benefits they offer. These include:
- A cleaner, better overall environment for yourself, your customers, and your employees.
- Customer goodwill that translates into enhanced revenue. Moms and dads appreciate a location that makes their diaper changing duties less stressful. In return, they give that business their support and generate positive word-of-mouth.
- Excellent pricing that lets you keep more of your operating budget. This is especially true when you order from Allied. Our industry contacts and volume selling allow us to charge less for name-brand sanitary changing stations. But we don’t just talk low prices. We back up our claims with an unbeatable price-match guarantee. Up to a year after your purchase, if you find a lower cost for any item we sell from any online merchant, then let us know and we will cheerfully refund the difference.
Add in our super-fast, free shipping to all U.S. locations and our superior customer service, and you can see why Allied is the right choice for sanitary changing stations. Place your order today for fastest delivery, or contact us for more information. We look forward to serving you.