Koala Kare® KB100-01ST - Recessed Horizontal Gray Baby Changing Station with Stainless Trim
Order in the next
24 hours 00 minutes 00 seconds
to get same day shipping (Monday through Friday only)
Koala Kare® KB100-01ST Recessed, Horizontal-Folding Baby Changing Station in GREY with Stainless Steel Trim
ARE YOU A CONTRACTOR? CALL (210) 592-4762 FOR VOLUME DISCOUNTS!
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Koala Kare® recess-mounted, horizontal-folding, polyethylene baby changing station with stainless steel flange / trim.
- While the KB100-ST is available in 3 Different Colors [Cream (00), Grey (01) and White Granite (05)] - this listing is for the KB100-01ST Grey.
- Built to meet or exceed the stringent standards set by public and private regulatory agencies.
- Steel-on-steel hinge mechanism with 11GA steel mounting supports
- Meets ASTM safety standards, plus ANSI & ADA requirements when properly installed.
- Gas spring mechanism ensures smooth open and close.
- Built-in liner cavity and two bag hooks.
- Includes child protection straps (replaceable).
- Exclusive to KOALA KARE® products, the bed surface contains Microban® antimicrobial additive permanently embedded into the plastic, reducing damaging & odor causing microbial growth.
- Constructed with 48% recycled materials; contributes to LEED certified building
- Backed by Manufacturer's Five-Year Limited Warranty on Materials and Workmanship
- Made in the U.S.A
- PLEASE NOTE: Sanitary Liners (optional) also available for use with this item. See separate listing by this seller. Box of 500 for $38 with Free Shipping
If you're looking for a quality recessed baby changing station, the Koala Kare® KB100-01ST is the one. Plus, when you order from ALLIED, you can enjoy the added benefit of knowing you’re getting the guaranteed lowest price of any Internet-based retail dealer, as well as fast, free and reliable shipping to anywhere in the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. and superb customer care for as long as you need. We strive to ship most items the same business day the order is received. We look forward to serving you. Feel free to contact us about any question.
- 37” W x 23” H (940mm x 584mm)
- Depth (closed): ¼” (6.35mm)
- Depth or Extension (open): 15 (381mm)
- Rough Wall Opening: 35 1/2" W x 20 1/2" H (900mm x 529mm x 108mm)
- Minimum Required Depth: 4 1/4" (108mm) to finished wall surface
Materials & Finish
- Exterior: Gray Polyethylene with Brushed (No. 304) 18GA Stainless Steel Flange
- Interior: Gray Polyethylene with Microban® (exclusive to Koala®)
This durable and attractive horizontal baby changing station (Koala Kare® KB100-01ST) is made of blow-molded, high-density polyethylene (GREY in color) with MICROBAN® antimicrobial additive permanently embedded into the plastic. An exterior flange or trim, crafted from 18 gauge, type 304 satin (brushed)stainless steel, so surrounds the recess wall opening. It is easy to clean and resistant to odors and both fungal & bacteria growth. Graphics and safety messages are molded into the polyethylene in six (6) different languages. In addition, a built-in dispenser for sanitary liners are conveniently located just above the changing surface when folded open (liners not included). Total capacity of the dispenser is approximately 25 liners.
The horizontal baby changing station is designed to be recess mounted into the wall using the included hardware. A framed-out rough wall opening of 35.5" wide x 20.5" high (with a minimum depth of 4.25" from finished surface of wall) is required for installation, making this unit best for new construction or remodeling. The unit is secured into the opening using 3" wood screws through pre-drilled side holes in the unit into the framing of the wall opening. The station folds down horizontally so the the adult is facing the wall while changing the infant whose is laying parallel to the wall. With a reinforced steel-on-steel hinge running the full length of the station and with 11-gauge steel mounting chassis, the KB100-01ST meets all ASTM requirements for static load performance when properly installed. Although designed for infants that weigh no more than 50 lbs., in testing the KB100-01ST easily supported 200 lbs. with minimal deflection of the "bed" from horizontal. A pneumatic cylinder provides for easy, slow, and controlled opening and closing of the bed. Both the pneumatic cylinder and metal hinge mechanism are fully concealed (regardless of bed position) to eliminate tampering and possible pinch hazard.
The contoured changing surface area is 442 sq. in. (2852 sq. cm) and comes complete with nylon safety straps and two convenient bag or purse hooks built in. Folded closed the changer's dimensions are 37"W x 23"H x 4"D (but virtually flush with the finished wall surface). When open the changer extends out from the wall surface only 15". And when properly installed, this recessed horizontal baby changing station complies with the highest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations.