Koala Kare® KB208-14 - Oval Surface Horizontal Sandstone Baby Changing Station
Order in the next
24 hours 00 minutes 00 seconds
to get same day shipping (Monday through Friday only)
Koala Kare® KB208-14 OVAL-SHAPED, HORIZONTAL-FOLDING, SURFACE-MOUNTED BABY CHANGING STATION in SANDSTONE
ARE YOU A CONTRACTOR? CALL (210) 592-4762 FOR VOLUME DISCOUNTS!
LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED!
- KOALA KARE® oval-shaped, surface-mounted, horizontal-folding, polyethylene baby changing station.
- While the KB208 is available in 3 Different Colors [Grey (01), Grey Granite (12), and Sandstone (14)] - this listing is for the KB208-14 Sandstone - an exclusive color to the KB208 Series.
- Exclusive to KOALA KARE® products, the bed surface contains Microban® antimicrobial additive permanently embedded into the plastic, reducing damaging & odor causing microbial growth.
- Built to meet or exceed the stringent standards set by public and private regulatory agencies.
- Hinge mechanism consist of full-length steel pivot rod secured in a metal tube for durability
- Includes child protection straps (replaceable).
- Two built-in bag or purse hooks.
- Contoured changing surface area is a large 308 sq. in (1987 sq. cm).
- Easy to install using basic tools.
- Concealed gas spring mechanism ensures smooth, quiet, & safe open and close.
- Meets ASTM safety standards, plus ANSI & ADA requirements when properly installed.
- Backed by Manufacturer's Five-Year Limited Warranty on Materials and Workmanship.
- Made in the U.S.A.
If you're looking for a compact, premium-quality horizontal baby changing table, look no further. The unique oval shape of Koala KB208 series allows even restrooms with limited space to have a safe, sanitary, convenient way for caregivers to take care of their diaper changing duties. Plus, when you order from ALLIED, you can enjoy the added benefit of knowing you’re getting the guaranteed lowest price of any internet-based retail dealer, as well as fast, free and reliable shipping to anywhere in the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. and superb customer care for as long as you need. We strive to ship most items the same business day the order is received. We look forward to serving you. Feel free to contact us about any question.
- 34” W x 21” H (8964mm x 533mm)
- Depth (closed): 4” (102mm)
- Depth or Extension (open): 21" (533mm)
Materials & Finish
- Exterior: Sandstone Colored Polyethylene
- Interior: Sandstone Colored Polyethylene with Microban® (exclusive to Koala®)
Being oval in shape, this durable and attractive horizontal-folding baby changing station (Koala Kare® KB208-14) is more compact than the KB200 changing station. But like the KB200, the KB208 is made of blow-molded, high-density polyethylene. The polyethylene is formulated with an antimicrobial additive (called MICROBAN®) permanently embedded into the "Sandstone" plastic, making it easy to clean and resistant to odors and both fungal & bacteria growth. The color "Sandstone" is best described as tan with darker speckles of multiple colors. It is easy to clean and resistant to odors and both fungal & bacteria growth. Graphics and safety messages are molded into the polyethylene in four (4) different languages.
The station is designed to be installed directly on to an existing wall surface using the included hardware. Four pre-drilled mounting holes in the back wall of the unit are designed for wood screws (provided) into wood studs on 16" centers. For installation on walls that do not have wood studs 16" on center or metal studs or concrete block, specialized fasteners or toggle fasteners may need to be obtained by the owner locally. Installation instructions (provided) address these different wall materials / scenarios. The station folds down horizontally so the the adult is facing the wall while changing the infant whose is laying parallel to the wall. The heavy-duty hinge mechanism consists of a reinforced steel pivot rod secured in an aluminum sleeve / tube that runs the full length of the station. With 11-gauge steel mounting chassis, the KB208-14 meets all ASTM requirements for static load performance when properly installed. Although designed for infants that weigh no more than 50 lbs., in testing the KB208-14 easily supported heavier loads with minimal deflection of the "bed" from horizontal. A pneumatic cylinder provides for easy, slow, and controlled opening and closing of the bed. Both the pneumatic cylinder and metal hinge mechanism are fully concealed (regardless of bed position) to eliminate tampering and possible pinch hazard.
The contoured changing surface area is 308 sq. in. (1987 sq. cm) and comes complete with nylon safety straps and two convenient bag or purse hooks built in. Folded closed the changer's dimensions are 34"W x 21"H x 4"D. When open the changer extends out from the wall surface only 21". And when properly installed, this surface-mounted, horizontal-folding baby changing station complies with the highest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations & ASTM safety standards.